Friday 6 May 2016

When Dreams Come True

I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.  The first album I bought was Rubber Soul.  Their music is the soundtrack of my youth.  I'd like to say my "misguided youth" but I was horribly goody-two-shoes.  I didn't do "misguided" until I was in my 20's.  Bad behaviour really is wasted on teens.  So when we started planning our UK trip, Liverpool and a Beatles tour was top of my must do's.  I did my research and booked a private tour with MopTop Tours, scoring Stevie T, the number one rated tour guide on Trip Advisor.  He did not disappoint.  To call the experience surreal would be an understatement.  Had I died at the end, I would have gone out a happy woman!

I only took about a gazillion photos.  So without further ado, you know that old cliche about pictures and words, here's just a small taste from my day...

Ringo's childhood home, saved for the time being from the wrecking ball, although the whole neighbourhood is boarded up...


Paul's family home, now owned by the National Trust and open for tours...


Where John lived with Aunt Mimi, very nice digs, also owned by the National Trust...


And last -- but never least -- George's place, now privately owned...


A very important place in the history of the group -- St Peter's Church where Paul first heard John's skiffle band, The Quarry Men play at the fete on July 6, 1957 and the hall across the street where they first met and Paul played for John...



Song inspirations...



You have to be a true Beatles fan to get how absolutely totally cool it is to see this stuff.  There's just no way to describe it.

You either get it or you don't.




No comments:

Post a Comment