Sunday 10 April 2016

And....I'm Off

I'm sitting in the airport in Nanaimo waiting for my first flight that will take me to Vancouver and thereafter to London.  I've picked a strategic seat in the boarding lounge -- close to the electrical outlets which are all currently occupied.  Last night I charged everything, but I'm still eyeballing the battery level on my iPad as I type this. Partly because I have a book downloaded to read and I don't want to run out of juice somewhere over the Pacific.  When did traveling become all about charging cords and free wifi?

For this trip alone I have cords for...

...my camera...
...my phone...
...my Fitbit...(I'm going on a long walk after all)
...my iPad...and iPod (luckily the same cord for both)...
...two...what do you call them...the plug in bit that the USB fits into...


...and...



...the converter plugs for once I get there. Just what do they think I'm plugging in -- a refrigerator?  These things are huge.








And I can't forget this new little gadget...

Thanks to my trusty travel guru, Katrina, I can now download photos from my camera directly to my iPad.  Because I don't want to be one of those travel geeks hauling out their iPad to snap some pics. And I learned from the Camino that a lot of my phone pics come out blurry.  Mind you, that could be attributed to the copious quantities of fine Spanish wines that were being consumed.  Didn't want to risk a similar fate while consuming fine British and Irish ales.

And so the journey has begun, a journey seven months in the planning.  Well seven official months.  Katrina and I have been throwing the idea around a lot longer than that.  It all started with a promise to do the Harry Potter Studios together and has morphed into a trip of epic proportions.  I won't give away any of the details.  I'll let the fun unfold as we do it with daily blog posts...hopefully.  If the fine British and Irish ales don't get me first.

Won't you join me?

1 comment:

  1. I'm all in!! I'll be following GJA each and every day...until we meet up again on April 28th! Can't wait! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete