Thursday 21 April 2016

Odds And Sods Along The Way

I'm a couple of days behind in my writing so I'll mostly let the pictures do the talking for Day 6 of our walk from Wotton-under-Edge to Tormarton.  These signs struck my fancy...



...mostly because there were neither -- no mud, no frogs and toads.  That mud warning seemed a little late for us.

Of historical note...


...Horton Court -- the oldest house along the Way, with some parts dating back to the 12th century.

And the best of the Iron Age hill forts that we've seen with its double ramparts. Of course you can't really see that in this photo, probably just looks like bumps in the grass. But trust me, those bumps are about 3000 years old.


And then there were the friends we met along the path (look carefully in the first pic)...




The end!

Of the day...not the walk...

Beer du Jour - Moles...new fav. So so smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment